by Public Service Associate Nichole
Did you know that June is Audiobook Month? To say I love audiobooks is an understatement. This past year I’ve consumed more audiobooks than print or digital books and while I could probably place some blame on the pandemic, I’ll be honest… I just really enjoy hearing stories come to life before me. While some may worry that audiobooks will limit the imagination, I have found the complete opposite!
These titles may not be the newest but when I think about all of the audiobooks I’ve listened to over the years, these three are definitely at the top of my list!
- The Outsider by Stephen King | CD / digital
- Sadie by Courtney Summers | CD / digital
- Bossypants by Tina Fey | CD / digital
Narrowing it down to what books I’m most looking forward to listening to is a hard one, but I think these three titles will surely not disappoint:
- Finlay Donovan is Killing It by Elle Cosimano | digital
- What’s Mine and Yours by Naima Coster | CD / digital
- Finding the Mother Tree by Suzanne Simard | digital
Whether you’re a lover of audiobooks or not, I encourage you to go try something new this summer. Maybe that means a four hour journey with Neil deGrasse Tyson and Astrophysics for People in a Hurry or maybe something a little bit longer like It by Stephen King, clocking in at a whopping 45 hours. Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy the adventure.