by Adult Services Library Associate Nichole
This Thursday at 7PM, Dr. Parker Huston, PhD, a licensed clinical psychologist and Clinical Director of the On Our Sleeves Program at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, will be discussing how children and families are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, including ways to talk about mental health with children.
Dr. Huston’s passion is rooted in providing education and opening doors so that children and their families can achieve their maximum potential and feel like they have agency in their lives. He believes that improving children’s mental health is important to set them up for success as adolescents and adults. Focusing on good mental health practices during childhood can create healthy habits throughout the life span. You can learn more about this Zoom event here.
Whether you’re looking for books to read to your children about their emotions and mental health or are wanting to get more in tune with your own, now is a better time than ever and BPL has plenty titles to choose from!
- Where Happiness Begins by Eva Eland | print
- Ravi’s Roar by Tom Percival |print
- How Do You Feel by Lizzy Rockwell | print
- Breathing Makes it Better by Christopher Willard | print
- Bunny Breaths by Kira Willey | print
- Permission to Feel by Marc Brackett, PhD | print / digital
- 10% Happier by Dan Harris | print / digital
- The Emotionally Healthy Child by Maureen Healy | print / digital
- Widen the Window by Elizabeth A Stanley, PhD | print
- Emotional Advantage by Randy Taran | print / digital
- Stay Woke by Justin Michael Williams | print / digital